Saturday, May 19, 2012

it's time to let go.

Hey everybody. I hope you are all feeling super today and I hope you've been finding and recognizing reasons to smile in your life!

Well I feel like I've been posting a lot of really serious posts lately... and it's kind of weird! But here's another. But please continue to read this! I think a lot of people could benefit from it.

So, there's this song that's called "Shake it Out" by Florence and the Machine. I discovered it on Glee and I love love love it. Here it is:


My favorite line in this song says "It's hard to dance with the devil on your back". To me it's saying that if you don't let go of all the hard things in your past, and let them build you up stronger, then it's going to be really hard for you to enjoy life. You need to let go to be able to move on and be truly happy, and to me this is some of the best advice anyone can give you. Trust me. And I know that those hard times are always going to be with you, they are what made you who you are today, but it's up to you not to let them bring you down. Sometimes it is really, really hard. But it's most definitely possible. If I can do it, you can do it. But there's always going to be those moments where things just get to you and you just can't take it, and it's natural, we're human, are we not? Just don't let those moments consume your life and happiness. It's just not worth it. 
Also, you might have something really, really hard that happened to you and you think that no one would understand, and you just pout and decide to blame every mistake you make on that hard thing. I believe that after a while of blaming things on something of the past it becomes more of an excuse than a real reason. If you don't know the difference, a reason is a real roadblock that is truly causing you to struggle, like an injury or a recent loss or a recent traumatizing event. An excuse is something that you bring up when you do something wrong and you know that it isn't really holding you back. You know that you could get past it. You know that you weren't really acting out because of it, like if the event or loss or injury was years ago and you're still dwelling on it. That's the difference, in my opinion.
Well ladies and gents, I just want you to know that if you dwell on the past, there's no time to make the present and future the best it can be. The fastest way to being happy is just letting go of whatever happened. You might be thinking, "Oh, she doesn't know what I went through, she has no idea what she's talking about!", and you would be right about me not knowing. Of course I don't know what you went through or how hard it must be, but I do know what I'm talking about, I've learned from experience. Today I challenge you to try to really let go of your sadness to make room for the happy, because being happy is the best. obviously.
xoxo, leah
let go & let....Let go  Let go  Let go
let me let go


No comments:

Post a Comment