Saturday, February 9, 2013

"You have to fight through the bad days to earn the best days in your life."

We weren't close, but she made a difference in my life, as she did for many many more. I'm trying to let go of the regret I have for not becoming closer with Sydney earlier. We had planned to do pictures together, and I had been anxiously awaiting that day. I would see her in the halls and maybe say a quiet "hey", I was always for some reason so scared to talk to her. I always thought "oh, I'll become good friends with her sometime, she probably doesn't even want to talk to me right now." Oh how I regret these thoughts. Never ever take any moment for granted. Don't wait to talk to someone, and be a friend. Procrastination is not something you can afford in this life when every moment is uncertain. Reach out to someone, don't wait. Thank you Sydney for being an example to me, and for having a beautiful and contagious smile. Thank you for living a life that we can all cherish. Thank you for being close with my friends and impacting their lives and mine also. Thank you for inspiring me to become active in the church once again, for helping me realize what is missing in my life. Here's to you, the one and only Sydney Taylor Bruning. Heaven's lucky to have an amazing angel like yourself up there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment